The City of Sebastian Pickleball and Tennis Facilities shall reopen on Friday, May 1st at 8:00am provided that CDC Guidelines, including all social distancing guidelines, are adhered to.
In addition, the following restrictions shall apply:
1) Singles play only is permitted at this time.
2) No congregating on the court or sidelines is permitted.
Additionally the City recommends the following based on recommendations from the USTA and USAPA (See link for USTA Player Tips and Recommendations https://www.usta.com/en/home/stay-current/national/usta-statement-on-safety-of-playing-tennis-during-the-covid-19-v.html):
1) Players should stay on their side of the court and avoid changing ends. Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
2) Arrange to play only with family members or others who live in your household or with individuals who are considered to be low risk.
3) Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
4) If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or your racquet.
5) After play, leave the court and facility as soon as possible. Wash your hands thoroughly or use hand sanitizer.
6) Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles. Do not share any equipment with another player.
7) Consider wearing face masks and/or gloves.
Friendship Park will not charge fees to play during this time, however we will begin to accept court reservations beginning on Friday.